We are recruiting for a friendly, approachable, and customer-orientated part-time Sales Assistant to join our FARA Chiswick Charity Shop’s team of employees and volunteers as soon as possible. You will join a vibrant, fluid, and busy charity retail environment where no two days are the same and the local community is at the heart of everything we do.
FARA has 40 Charity Shops in London and 30 years of experience in Charity Retailing. Our charity shops are tailored to each local community and we aim to respond to our customers’ needs by providing excellent customer service, a pleasant shopping experience, great value for money, a very creative stock display, and visual merchandise. All this can only be possible with the help and dedication of our fantastic teams, from Volunteers to Shop Managers who bring into their everyday roles unique and amazing skills.
For over 30 years, apart from creating employment on the UK job market, our Charity Shops profits are invested in the prevention of homelessness, supporting adults with learning disabilities, caring for vulnerable children, providing specialized treatment for children with disabilities, providing community-based education, and social support programs for disadvantaged families in Romania.
- Location: FARA Chiswick Charity Shop, London, W4 1QN
- Shop Opening Hour: 10:00 – 18:00
- 8-hour shift/ 30min break
- 1 days per week rota (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
*Location, days, and times of work can always be changed by the Management. Our shops are open 7 days per week and time sheets may vary across our 41 shops 9-5, 10-6, 11-7
The Sales Assistant’s main duty is to support the Shop Manager and the team in the effective running of the shop. As a Sales Assistant your duties will include:
- Sorting Donations
- Steaming clothes
- Shop Displays
- Till and Cash handling
- Manual Handling
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming ambience
- Dealing with customer issues and queries effectively
- Networking with customers and the local community
- Following the Company’s Policies and Procedures
- At least 1 year of retail experience
- At least 1 year of Front of house Customer Service experience
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Work well as part of a Team
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve a common goal
- Organized and Efficient
- Positive approach
What we offer
- Internal policies and procedures training and support throughout your employment
- £18,387 annual salary, reviewed yearly every April
- Employee assistance programme
- Option to work overtime if available
- 6 days annual leave inclusive of bank and public holidays
- Up to 50% staff discount on the majority of goods purchased in the shop you are working at
- Loyalty and team effort rewards
Be in the know!
Subscribe to our shops mailing list to receive updates on our shops.