FARA has 41 Charity Shops and over 30 years in Charity Retailing helping disadvantaged children and young people in Romania with all that we do!
We are recruiting for a Casual Warehouse/Van Assistant to join our Fara Warehouse’s vibrant team of employees as soon as possible.
You will join a busy charity retail environment where no two days are the same with the warehouse being a central hub supporting and helping the shops maximise their potential.
- Location: FARA Warehouse, Hounslow, TW4
- Working Hours: 8:00 – 16:00
- 8 hour shift/ 30min break
- No work pattern – No guaranteed hours
*Days and times of work can always be changed by the Management in order to service our shops which are open 7 days per week.
As a Casual Warehouse/Van Assistant, you will not have regular or systematic days of work or an expectation of accepting work offered to you when the need arises, giving you the flexibility to accept or refuse work offers depending on your availability. We would ideally desire a good level of flexibility and availability to cover staff sicknesses and holidays, occasionally with short notice, but we appreciate that this may not always be possible.
The Warehouse/Van Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the driver in ensuring the efficient delivery and collection of stock between Fara Shops and the Warehouse, as well as supporting the Warehouse Manager in the effective running of the Warehouse. As a Warehouse/Van Assistant your duties will include:
- Assisting in movement of the stock between Fara Shops and Warehouse
- Assisting with vans loading and unloading
- Assisting with rubbish collections and disposal
- Assisting in Warehouse organisation and storage
- Assisting in regular stock turnover and stock rotation when required
- Assisting the Driver in regular vehicle checking
- Ad hoc warehouse office duties
- Manual Handling
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Working as a part of the team
- Ideally, Good Flexibility and Availability to cover staff absence
- Strong and Energetic
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Good Team Player
- Organised and Efficient
- Positive Can-do attitude
What we offer
Internal policies and procedures training and support throughout your employment
50% staff discount – may be used on your working day, for the majority of goods available to purchase
Be in the know!
Subscribe to our shops mailing list to receive updates on our shops.