We are recruiting for a friendly, approachable, highly organised and customer-orientated Assistant Manager with previous retail management experience to join our FARA Surbiton Kids Charity Shop’s team of employees and volunteers as soon as possible. This role is temporary, covering a period on Maternity Leave starting in April 2021. You will join a vibrant, fluid and busy charity retail environment where no two days are the same and the local community is at the heart of everything we do.
FARA has 41 Charity Shops in London and 27 years’ experience in Charity Retailing. Our charity shops are tailored to each local community and we aim to respond to our customers’ needs with providing excellent customer service, a pleasant shopping experience, great value for money, very creative stock display and visual merchandise. All this can only be possible with to the help and dedication of our fantastic teams, from Volunteers to Shop Managers who bring into their everyday roles unique and amazing skills.
For over 27 years, apart from creating employment on the UK job market, our Charity Shops profits are invested in prevention of homelessness, supporting adults with learning disabilities, caring for vulnerable children, providing specialised treatment for children with disabilities, providing community-based education and social support programmes for disadvantaged families in Romania.
- Location: FARA Surbiton Kids Charity Shop, Surbiton, KT6 4JZ
- Shop Opening Hours: 09:30 – 17:30
- 8-hour shift/ 30min break
- 5 days per week rota Sunday – Thursday
*Please note that location, days and times of work can always be changed by the Management. Our shops are open 7 days per week and time sheets may vary across our 41 shops eg. 9-5, 10-6, 11-7
The Assistant Manager’s main role is to support the Shop Manager and the team in the effective running of the shop while maintaining high levels of service for our customers. As an Assistant Manager your duties will include:
- Assisting the Shop Manager in organizing and planning daily strategies
- Assisting the Shop Manager with team building
- Leading by example
- Following and help implementing Company Policies and Procedures
- Dealing with customer issues and queries effectively
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming ambience
- Networking with customers and the local community
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
- Shop Displays
- Till and Cash handling
- Manual Handling
- Steaming clothes
Other duties include but are not limited to paperwork, admin, Gift Aid (signup and processing), sorting donations, steaming of clothes, pricing, displays, till handling, cashing up, manual handling, maintaining a clean tidy and safe working environment.
- At least 1 year experience as a Team Leader / Assistant Manager
- At least 1 year Retail Management experience
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Interpersonal and great communication skills
- Work well as part of a Team
- Problem-solving attitude
- Organised and Efficient
- Hard working
- Positive approach
What we offer
Internal policies and procedures training and support throughout your employment
£21, 110 annual salary, reviewed yearly every April
Option to work overtime if available
28 days annual leave inclusive of bank and public holidays
Up to 50% staff discount on the majority of goods purchased in the shop you are working at
Loyalty and team effort rewards
Be in the know!
Subscribe to our shops mailing list to receive updates on our shops.