We have a brilliant opportunity for an organised and confident operations support officer to join our team and play a pivotal role in supporting our shop teams and ensuring FARA’s properties are fully functional and compliant.
FARA has 40 much loved charity shops based in London that fund our programmes, which have been helping disadvantaged children, young people, and their families in Romania for the past 30 years. As we embark on a new organisational strategy, we have ambitious plans to strengthen the support offered to shop teams. Working closely with our Area Managers this role is critical to sustaining our retail success.
- Create and maintain a properties database that tracks FARA’s compliance obligations as advised by our competent person
- Create and maintain Sharepoint folders for each shop to contain all relevant reports, plans & correspondence.
- Work with service providers and responsible individuals to schedule all required works ahead of requirement.
- Conduct new surveys as required to gather additional information.
- Identify and short list new suppliers as required, build and maintain new and existing supplier relationships on a day to day basis.
- Manage an email box to respond to information requests and log service issues.
- Collate issues with each supplier.
- Attend Trading Meetings and facilitate discussions.
- Support administration of FARA Academy and other Training Courses.
- Provide flexible administrative support for a range of operational activities.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Support Officer.
- Essential technical skills including document management, knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of expert functions (Health & Safety, Property, Finance etc) as they apply to shops.
- Knowledge of property compliance and management
- Interpersonal skills, customer service
- Coaching capacity
- Professional discretion.
- Collaborative working
- Ability to maintain strong supplier relationships
What We Offer:
- Salary of £32000 per annum
- Employee assistance program
- Hybrid working with possibility to work 2 days a week from home
- Employee discount
- Based in Teddington Head Office with occasional travel to London shops
- Monday – Friday
To apply, please upload your CV and a cover letter describing how you meet the technical skills required for the role