We are recruiting for a friendly, approachable, highly organized, and customer-orientated Shop Manager with previous retail management experience to join our FARA Notting Hill Kids Charity Shop’s team of employees and volunteers as soon as possible. This role is temporary, covering a period on Maternity Leave. You will join a vibrant, fluid, and busy charity retail environment where no two days are the same and the local community is at the heart of everything we do.
FARA has 40 Charity Shops in London and 30 years of experience in Charity Retailing. Our charity shops are tailored to each local community, and we aim to respond to our customers’ needs by providing excellent customer service, a pleasant shopping experience, great value for money, a very creative stock display, and visual merchandise. All this can only be possible with the help and dedication of our fantastic teams, from Volunteers to Shop Managers who bring into their everyday roles unique and amazing skills.
For 30 years, apart from creating employment on the UK job market, our Charity Shops profits are invested in the prevention of homelessness, supporting adults with learning disabilities, caring for vulnerable children, providing specialized treatment for children with disabilities, providing community-based education and social support programs for disadvantaged families in Romania.
- Location: FARA Notting Hill Kids Charity Shop, London, W11 2AA
- Shop Opening Hour: 09:30 – 17:30
- 8-hour shift/ 30min break
- 5 days per week rota (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
*Location, days, and times of work can always be changed by the Management. Our shops are open 7 days per week and time sheets may vary across our 41 shops 9-5, 10-6, 11-7
The Shop Manager’s main duty is to run the shop effectively. As Shop Manager you will be required to:
- Recruit shop staff and arrange shop cover
- Supervise and train shop staff and volunteers
- Delegate tasks
- Motivate staff and volunteers
- Encourage a positive team spirit
- Meet Sales Targets
- Create and maintain a welcoming ambience
- Deal with customer issues and queries effectively
- Network with customers and the local community
- Follow the Company’s Policies and Procedures
Other duties of a Shop Manager include but are not limited to paperwork and admin, Gift Aid (signup and processing), sorting donations, steaming of clothes, pricing, displays, till handling, cashing up, manual handling, maintaining a clean tidy and safe working environment.
- Previous experience as a Retail Manager or Team Leader
- At least 2 years Retail experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Good Team Player
- Organised and Efficient
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- Sales Driven
What we offer
- Internal policies and procedures training and support throughout your employment
- £27,144 annual salary, reviewed yearly every April
- Employee assistance programme
- Option to work overtime if available
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank and public holidays
- Up to 50% staff discount on the majority of goods purchased in the shop you are working at
- Loyalty and team effort rewards
Be in the know!
Subscribe to our shops mailing list to receive updates on our shops.